iLaw’s Blockchain, Cryptocurrency Digital Assets practice encompasses commercial, regulatory and contentious issues. Our clients include leading cryptocurrency exchanges, start-ups, traders, investors and globally renowned developers of leading decentralised computing platforms and applications.
iLaw currently acts on behalf of several senior executives in federal and regulatory investigations surrounding a major cryptocurrency exchange.
We have specialist expertise in:
- The complex and evolving legal and regulatory environment surrounding cryptocurrencies and digital assets
- Regulatory investigations involving allegations of price and market manipulation, fraud, spoofing, wash sales and other forms of market abuse
- Litigation, including freezing injunctions, digital asset tracing and recovery, both in the UK and offshore
- Data protection and privacy issues
- Company incorporation, financing and shareholder agreements
- Advising angel investors in seed-stage and later stage financing
- Technology development
- Joint ventures including research and collaboration agreements
- Intellectual property
- Creating and issuing tokens, and digitizing assets
Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Litigation Tracker
As one of the co-founding firms of ICLA (International Commercial Law Alliance) iLaw has excellent connections with many firms in leading jurisdictions in the blockchain and crypto world.